Good evening parents, this is Mr. Rice, Principal of Lyman High School and this is your Weekly Principal’s Update!
Thank you for your patience and understanding on Friday as we worked through the challenge of the Fire that happened in the Building 4 Bathroom. I am pleased to share with you that we have identified and handled the individual that caused this disruption to our campus.
Last weekend, for the first time in School History, two Lyman Teams who competed at the State Odyssey of the Mind Competition were selected to move on to the World Championships in late May! Our Problem 3 team consisting of Eric Owens, Tanvi Mathews, Vida Tonkova, Ady Varma, and Ella Thrasher placed 2nd and our Problem 5 team consisting of James Ferry, Richard Estacapio, Michael Estacapio, Shruti Labh, Salonee Labh, and Vivek Bhatt placed 4th and won the Renatra Fusca Award, the highest award for creativity, so they are also moving on to the World Competition! Well Done!
Congratulations as well to the students in Ms. Goodridge’s TV Production Students (Ben Lowe, Bailey McDonald, Dominic Crane-Sherman, and Grayson Clark) who earned 2nd Place in the Leadership Seminole Keys to Character Video Contest. They were recognized at the School Board Office this week!
Congratulations to the 75 students who were inducted into the Lyman High School National Honor Society this week! Thank you to the officers and their Sponsors, Mrs. Marchwinski and Ms. Stone, for developing a prestigious ceremony!
Congratulations to the following students who were recognized on Wednesday for their decision to commit to playing an NCAA Sport after their completion of High School.
- Bryce Bell – Cross Coutry/Track – Florida Gulf Coast University
- Kyler Hodges – Cross Country – Tusculum College
- Aidan Snively - Swimming – University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Gabriel Laverde – Rowing – Stetson University
- Thomas Barcza – Rowing – Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- Regan Argulo – Rowing – Stetson University
- Maxwell Ihns – Rowing – Temple University
Don’t forget, if you aren’t connected to us on Social Media, please be sure check out the pictures of these students and many more who represent Lyman so very well each week!
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyman-High-School-Seminole-County-Florida/120501421398275
Twitter - https://twitter.com/LymanHighSchool
GREYHOUND BEAUTIFICATION DAY
Thank you to all students and staff who participated in yesterday’s Campus Beautification Day. As you drive by the campus, please take notice of how clean the front entrance of our campus looks! Old bushes have been removed, weeds have been pulled, and the ground has been mulched! Thank you to our School Advisory Council for funding the event and to Mr. Moye and Mrs. Skipper for organizing the day!
FSA/EOC BOOT CAMPS
We’ve had three weeks of Algebra 1 and Geometry Boot Camps and one session of the Reading Boot Camp, each of which has been incredibly successful. We have one final session of Algebra 1 this weekend! In addition, if your child is in Biology, we have one session available to your child on April 28th.
Here are the assessments being administered this week:
- Monday, April 23rd - FSA ELA Grade 10 – Session 2 - After first lunch (This is a postponement due to the fire in the bathroom)
- Monday, April 23rd – FSA ELA Makeups – Grade 9 & 10 (Report to the Media Center Immediately)
- Tuesday, April 24th – US History End of Course Exam (Lists have been posted across the campus for testing room locations)
- Thursday & Friday, April 26th and 27th – Geometry FSA (Two Sessions over two days)
- NEXT WEEK – April 30th and May 1st – Biology End of Course Exam – (Single Session)
Click HERE for a copy of the Lyman High School Testing Calendar, which includes the Florida Standards Assessment (ELA & Algebra 1), End of Course Exams (Geometry, Biology, American History) & AP Assessments.
THIS WEEK’S BELL SCHEDULE
Click HERE for a copy of the Blue/Gold Full Year Calendar.
- Monday & Thursday are Blue Days (1,3,7,5)
- Tuesday & Friday are Gold Days (2,4,7,6)
- Wednesday is a Red Day (1-6)
IMPORTANT 2ND SEMESTER DATES (Visit the Lyman Activity Calendar for more information)
- Greyhound Scholars Awards Night – April 25th, 6:00pm
- Band Spring Concert – April 26th – 7:00pm
- FSA Reading & Algebra 1, EOC Geometry, Biology, & US History - Testing Calendar
- AP Testing – May 7th - 18th – Testing Calendar
- Last Day for Seniors – May 18, 2018
- Graduation – May 25, 2018 – 9:00am - CFE Arena at UCF - click HERE for further details
- Last Day of School for Underclassmen – May 25, 2018
Remember, you matter, we matter, Everyone Matters at Lyman High School. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your child succeed!
Michael J. Rice
Lyman High School