First Day of School Information
As you prepare for the first day of school, here are a few pieces of information that we would like to share with you in order for you to have a successful day.
· First Day Schedules – When students arrive on campus, they should report to the first period class seen either on their Skyward App or on the lists posted on the wall outside of Guidance, Admin, Building 4 or Media.
o Don’t have a first period? Please report to the Front Office to obtain your official blue schedule.
o *NOTE – Schedules may have changed since Orientation, so please double check your first period.
· Schedule Concerns – Change requests will only be honored for the following issues. Students should report to Guidance during Lunch to discuss their concerns.
o Previously received credit for the same course
o Hole on the schedule for a specific period
o Seniors who did not receive a course that is required for graduation
o Students who have not met a pre-requisite for they course they are enrolled.
· Bell Schedule – We will be on an adjusted bell schedule for the first two days where you will visit all seven periods. We will then begin the block schedule on Monday, August 14th. See the website for the full bell schedule.
· Lunch – This is notated on the student’s schedule for period 7 and period 4. Lunch for the first two days will be determined by the student’s 7th period class.
· Blue/Gold Calendar – See the link below which outlines the class periods that students will attend each day this year. Student Blue & Gold Calendar
· Open House – August 22nd
o 5:30pm – Club/Organization Night
o 6:15pm – PTSA General Meeting
o 6:30pm – Open House Begins
We hope to provide you and your child with the best First Impression that we can make. If there is anything we can do to make your child’s experience better, please feel free to let us know.
Michael J. Rice
Lyman High School